David T. Vlink, Partner
David specializes in union-side labor law and plaintiff-side employment law. He represents labor unions in all aspects of union-side labor law, including grievance arbitrations, contract negotiations, representation proceedings, unfair labor practice charges, and litigation. He also represents Taft-Hartley benefit funds and JATCs in litigation and collection matters. On the employment side, David represents employees in workers' compensation and various employment matters, including employment discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower actions, and claims for disability benefits under ERISA. David also enjoys representing members of the public who have been denied access to public records under the Indiana Access to Public Records Act.
A native of Crown Point, Indiana, David graduated summa cum laude from Indiana University McKinney (Indianapolis) Law School in 2011. After law school, David worked as a law clerk for an administrative law judge in the United States Department of Labor’s Office of Administrative Law Judges in Cincinnati, Ohio. In June 2013, David joined Fillenwarth Dennerline Groth & Towe in Indianapolis, where he represented labor unions and employee plaintiffs until FDG&T closed and he joined Macey Swanson LLP in September 2019.
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law, J.D. summa cum laude, 2011
- Purdue University-Calumet, B.S., 2007
- Crown Point High School, 2001
- State Bar of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- AFL-CIO – Lawyers’ Coordinating Committee
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Labor, Employment, and Benefits Council