Jeffrey A. Macey, Partner
Jeff Macey focuses on employment litigation, ERISA litigation, employee benefits, labor union representation and litigation, and appellate practice.
Jeff joined Macey Swanson LLP in September 2010 after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge John D. Tinder, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Jeff earned a B.A. in English from Williams College in 2000. He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2008. During law school, Jeff worked as a summer associate at Sherman, Dunn, Cohen, Leifer, & Yellig in Washington, D.C. He worked throughout law school as an intern at the Student Legal Services Clinic at Indiana University.
Before law school, Jeff worked as the marketing manager for Dark Horse Comics in Portland, Oregon, and as events coordinator for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2008
- Order of the Coif
- Indiana Law Review, Executive Articles Editor
- Peggy Browning Fellow
- Williams College, B.A., 2000
- State Bar of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- American Constitution Society
- AFL-CIO – Lawyers’ Coordinating Committee
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Section Leadership
- Solo and Small Firm Committee
- Local Rules Committee for the U.S. Southern District of Indiana
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Surviving in a Solo or Small Firm, Indianapolis Bar Association, Applied Professionalism Course (Speaker, 2018)
- The Restatement of the Law: Perspectives of the Bench and Bar, published at Employee Rights and Employment Policy Journal, Volume 21, No. 2 (2017)